Replacing your windows is one of the best choices a homeowner can make for themselves. The project can seem daunting at first, so I wanted to give you some encouragement as to why windows can greatly improve your home value, your comfort level and can even pay for themselves.
- Energy Savings – This is the first big win for you. Your heating and cooling levels are greatly impacted by how well your windows insulate against the outside. If seals are leaking and they are not double-pane (or more), thousands of dollars per year are flowing right out of your windows. 10-30% (or more) of your energy bill can be reduced by replacing all of your windows with the most efficient product on the market today.
- Increased Home Value – New windows really make a home more attractive, from the curb and from the real estate listing. Being able to tell prospective buyers that windows are relatively new and very efficient can add thousands of dollars to the value of your home. This isn’t money in your pocket today, but think of it as an investment that you’ll receive back later. According to Remodeling.Net, you could recoup almost 70% of the installation cost! Check out this graphic for some generic information on recouping project costs.
- Reduction in Noise – Cars driving by, neighbors chatting late at night, and even the noise from lawnmowers. It’s all unwanted noise inside your home, right? Imagine reducing the noise inside your home by 10x with new windows. This is invaluable, because it pays back in improved sleep, more restful evenings and more peaceful mornings. You can always go outside and sit on the porch or open a window to hear the ambient noises, but when you are inside your house, you want the most peaceful environment possible.
- Tax Benefits – Depending on current tax law and the status of your home, your purchase and replacement of old windows may be eligible for tax breaks in Michigan or at the Federal level. Check out this resource for the most current information regarding this additional benefit.
- Ease of Use – We frequently open our windows to enjoy the natural breezes and natural cooling. But with older windows, they seem to stick and not move easily. This leads to leaving them open or shut longer than we’d like which is a frustration. New windows are easy to use and move freely.
- Leak & Weather Protection – Older windows allow for water and critters to pass through the gaps which can lead to mold, mildew and damage to the structure of your home. Replacing your windows can provide peace of mind that you have sealed up any gaps and prevented long-term damage to your home.
In summary, you can reliable count on your decision to install new windows to make great financial and overall sense because they:
- Will reduce your energy costs by upwards of 10-30%
- 70% of the costs can be recouped when you sell
- 10x reduction in interior noise
- Can be tax-deductible, depending on the year
- Are easy to open & close
- Protect against structural damage behind the scenes
If there is a better investment you can make into your home and well-being, I’d like to know about it! If you have questions about window replacement, you can always call the Pros at 888-776-1998 or visit our website to schedule an appointment.