What are triple-pane windows?
Generally, there are three options when choosing windows: single-pane, dual-pane, and triple-pane. With triple-pane, argon or krypton, gases are injected between the panes. Both gases prevent about 50 percent less thermal conductivity.
If you are looking for new windows to maximize the energy efficiency of your home or office by keeping warm air inside in the winter and keeping the hot air out in the summer, triple pane windows are the answer to your problem. With triple pane windows, your heating and cooling costs can be significantly reduced because your HVAC units will work less. In addition, if you are living near a noisy street, triple pane windows will keep the noise outside while you enjoy peace and quiet indoors.
- Triple pane windows will have two chambers and each may be filled with krypton or argon gas that greatly improves energy efficiency performance.
- Triple pane windows are better keeping outside noises from entering your home. If you are living in a city or near a noisy street, having triple pane windows can make a big difference. Along with the noise reduction, comes added security as well. The glass has the same technology as windshield design and can withstand blows from a baseball bat.
- Condensation of the pane is less with triple pane windows. The dew point is the temperature that moisture vapor condenses on the window’s surfaces. When the surface temperature of the inside pane of the window is below the dew point, there will be condensation on the glass. The moisture depends on both relative humidity and temperature. The better the insulation value of the window, the higher the temperature of the interior glazing surface, then the chances are less likely that water vapor will form on the glass.
- Some benefits of triple windows are not easily quantified. For example, when you sit in a room when the temperature outside is below zero, you can sit in a chair next to a triple-glazed window and not feel the cold.
- Triple pane windows have a higher ER value, offer more energy efficiency and attain higher performance values than that of a double pane window.
It is difficult to predict the future costs of energy but we are most likely going to see rising energy costs in the not too distant future, so it makes sense to buy windows with a higher energy performance rating. On average the temperature of our Pro Grade triple-pane windows will be within a degree or two of your home’s wall temperature, this will create a cozier and more comfortable environment while reducing drafts and currents.
Why Choose Pro Grade Windows?
Our Pro Grade Windows are provided manufacturer direct, meaning you save money on middlemen and excessive transportation fees. As with all of your home improvement service your new windows will be installed by only the most experienced crews around and will be guaranteed to last for decades.
Do you offer triple-pane window replacement near me?
Pro Home Improvement proudly provides homeowners all over south-east Michigan with quality triple-pane window replacement. We are based in Ferndale, but we regularly install windows all over Metro Detroit. From Ann Arbor to Flint our window experts are the best choice for your home improvement project. For more information on our window services call 888-PRO-1998 (888-776-1998) today or request a free no-pressure estimate!
Recent Window Projects Map
Click on a point on the map below to see photos and/or videos of that project.
Window Success Stories
Click a thumbnail below to see what our customers have to say about their experience working with Pro Home Improvement!